Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The New RoboCop Film, Released Today!!!


On January 12, I saw a trailer for the new RoboCop film for the first time and I gasped and my jaw dropped.  I had to cover my mouth closed with my hand to keep myself from breathing loud so I can hear the voice over.  That’s how excited I was.  I realized this was the RoboCop movie I was waiting for after seeing the original one two years ago.

I am very excited about this.  So excited!

I know there was a second and third film, but I will have to see those later, or not.  So to see a new RoboCop movie released this year…it’s as thrilling to me as when I found out about the I, Robot film in summer 2004.  That previous year I read Isaac Asimov’s collections Robot Dreams and I, Robot during and after my senior year of high school.  So of course, you may imagine how psyched I was to watch a movie based on the story collection.

Joel Kinnaman is the new RoboCop and he looks awesome!  By now, I’ve seen the two different trailers for the movie enough times that I even have a favorite part of the movie ad, like the part when RoboCop lands on the ground and then stands up, looking so bad-ass!  And then, what’s with the black paint job?!!  I don’t remember that happening in the original movie, but as this is a reboot of the RoboCop story, I am very curious to see what the darker suit will mean. I read the article about Joel Kinnaman’s RoboCop in the past Sunday Daily News, and now I have a better idea on when this black paint job is going to happen.  It is interesting, interesting indeed.  I wish I can say why, but I don’t want to be misleading just in case I’m wrong or inadvertently spoiling anyone.  I gotta see this for myself, you know?

The RoboCop reboot film will be released today.  I won’t see it today, but I’m so excited about it I’d like to see it soon after!  Did I mention I was excited?

And there is another robot-themed movie coming out later this year: the fourth Transformers movie from Michael Bay.  My sister got me into the Transformers franchise in the middle of last year, and now we have one more Transformers film to watch before we’ve caught up to where the fourth movie is next.


I have a bit of an itch to write my own review of RoboCop 2014, and if I do pursue this task I may have to wait at least two weeks after its release in theaters to post it on Cybernetic Dreams. As the film will be dealing with morality and ethics I am bound to have something to say about these in response/reflection after viewing the film. In the meanwhile I will try not to read other reviews of the film, although if there is a source or two I admire I might mention what they say and credit them to further illustrate my points.

Should I watch the original one again too?  I’ll have to rent it somewhere (iTunes may be my hope because Blockbuster is gone and I am NOT going to use Netflix gosh darnit!).
Who else is excited about the new RoboCop?

No comments: