Friday, August 20, 2010

New Robot Anime Found: Casshern Sins DVDs

I was curious about this anime DVD. I’ve never heard of or read about it, but I saw it on Amazon.com months ago, though at the time there was no info about what the anime was actually about.  Then all of a sudden I get an e-mail from Amazon alerting me about new anime DVD releases, and one of them was this one called Casshern Sins: Part 1.  I am so glad I know what it’s about now.  I really, really, REALLY want both Parts 1 and 2.  Wanna know why?  You might probably know.

The main character is called a “cybernetic assassin.”

I wanted to call one of my original sci-fi characters a cyber-assassin, and I still don’t know if I want to call him a cyborg or an android.  Casshern Sins apparently beat me to it.

I’m so excited about it! I feel bad about indulging in instant gratification, but I might just go ahead and buy Part 1 already!  Part 2 will have to wait.  I told myself I will have a break from ordering from Amazon.com for two months, but part of me says “Get it now and enjoy it because later this year you may not have enough time, let alone be financially comfortable, to feel good getting this thing.

Sigh. I want to get both DVDs now, but they are expensive.  Besides, I still have Ishinomori’s Android Kikaider the Animation to finish as well as 009-1 and the eight Cyborg 009 episodes to digest. Ack, too much good stuff.  I can’t have everything, I know, but fuck it, I don’t buy every single thing I see, so I’m still very good with my self control.

Casshern reminds me so much of Mega Man X with his white armor.   :3 

No comments: