Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Japanese Anime DVDs Arrived...

Thursday the first three volumes of Android Kikaider the Animation arrived at my house.  I was so excited and I couldn't wait to watch it.  I ended up watching the first two episodes the following night.  Amazon.com is so cool...

I've known about Android Kikaider for some time, but I never watched it.  In the spring of 2002 I found out it was coming on the Cartoon Network, but I didn't watch it.  I didn't know what it was about, plus it aired at 11:30pm or midnight.  Over a year later I found out what it was about--an android with a human soul--but the show wasn't on Cartoon Network anymore.

However in summer 2003 I had started watching Cyborg 009, another Japanese animated show that was originally created by Shotaro Ishinomori.  This aired on the Cartoon Network also.   I was hooked on that show.  In another anime DVD I found out that Ishinomori also created Android Kikaider.  Little did I know that I was going to be a fan of his.

I am glad I will finally have a chance to enjoy this Android Kikaider series.

No comments: